Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kana-a-Week: Vowel Review

I should have done this two weeks ago, but it's never too late to review!


(I found this chart on the ACMT Japanese Club blog. Doesn't that top row make them look a whole lot easier to write?)

Notes: Keeping them straight has been a bit difficult (my memory is horrible), but at least the more I practice the more I get better at writing them, even if I can't remember what they stand for. ;) I'm hoping once I learn enough and start forming words, they'll stick better in my mind.

Order Trick: The Japanese order their vowels different than Americans do, so the right order can be a bit confusing to remember. However, if you know them, like I do, as A-E-I-O-U (1-2-3-4-5), all you have to remember is that the Japanese order them as 1-3-5-2-4. Once I noticed this, remembering the Japanese vowel order has been a snap.

Next week: I return to the Ks!

No comments:

Post a Comment