Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kana-a-Week Introduction

To begin learning how to read and write Japanese (one of the hardest languages in the world), I purchased the Kana-a-Day Practice Pad, on the advice that Kana is much easier, and one must start with Kana before tackling the daunting Kanji. I was weary, because Kana is all squiggles and pretzels, and I am much better suited to the sharp lines of Kanji. But "they" insisted, and so I start with Kana.

My first Kana was "a," which is none of than A PRETZEL. *sob* Even after a week of practice, I have no hope of mastering it. Easier my foot...

However, I am determined to learn Japanese, so I press on. Instead of "a-day," though, I am doing one a week, so I can better learn the strokes and hope to retain them better. Every week I shall post on the previous week's Kana, with my take on it and my notes on my attempts to "master" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment